Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Skirt FIT! Good News on the Diet Front.

Two years ago I could fit very easily into a few skirts I had received 2nd hand. I was so happy to have them and wear them, since I had lost 15 kilo (just over 30 lbs) and I didn't have the money to buy a new wardrobe. Then last summer, I put back just a couple of kilo and didn't have a pool membership, so those skirts didn't fit.

As I blogged about a month ago, I managed to get those couple of kilo, plus another couple that had joined them off. Actually, I've reached the weight I was when I stopped losing weight. Or in other words, the lowest weight I've been for many, many years. But I'm out of shape, since I don't exercise much, and the pool hasn't opened yet. I just walk a couple of kilometers or miles a few times a week. And I have a pretty physical part-time job in a store.

Last night I pulled out a skirt from my closet. The room was pretty dark. I was looking for one of my white ones, and it wasn't until I started putting it on that I realized that it was one of the "too small" ones. But imagine my surprise when I discovered that it actually fit.

I still need to get fitter, but it's a great way to start the summer.

6 comments:

Rickismom said...

Fun, isn't it?

Batya said...

Sure is! Especially finding I can get back down to the weight.

Mrs. S. said...

Kol hakavod!

Batya said...

Thanks. I feel much more optimistc now.

Anonymous said...

Good going! That is great! You can do it! Keep the optimism.
-Lorri M.

Batya said...

Thanks, G-d willing.