Tuesday, January 30, 2007

dumb moves

Talking about dumb moves, while I was waiting for these pictures to load--I'm not the type to watch the water boil--I walked out in the rain, sans jacket and umbrella, just to throw out some garbage.

The top picture was taken on one of my "walks around the neighborhood." Strange what you can see and a good reason to always be armed with a camera. Other than what you can see in the shot, I have no commentary. Provide your own, and let me know in the comments.

About the bottom picture...

You'd think I'd know better after 36 years here in Israel. Foolishly I had let the morning sun trick me into thinking that it was a perfect laundry day. I didn't even check the yahoo weather forecast. Yes, I took the picture this morning, the same morning I walked out "unprotected" in the rain. The good news is that it's a good excuse to have the heater on all day. The bad news, besides the mess, is that the laundry blocks the heat from being felt all over the room and house.

CONTEST: Extra credit for anyone who can name the movie I've been watching! Hint! That's not the main star on my screen.

3 comments:

Pragmatician said...

The movie is somthing about the navy, right?

marallyn ben moshe said...

hahahaha i have the twin or is it triplet to your two standing in my living room too lolol...loved the challah recipe...i'll let you know how it comes out when i get brave enough to make it...sigh...stay safe...ps first picture looked like a turtle in a tree lolol

Batya said...

Great, prag, you're on the right track. If you can recongize who's on the screen and google his name with navy...

marallyn, I can see then we use the same decorator.

The Challah's all in the feel; the "timing" is visual, too.

I presume some kid threw a stuffed toy, who was just waiting to be made famous!