Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yes, just call me muse!


A "muse" is an inspiration, so since Fred has used my photos for his works of art, that me his "muse," right? I just knew that I had chosen the right name for blogging.
I had a good time at the pool today. My neighbor called me at 6:15 to ask if I wanted to go early with her. By 7am, we were on our way. It's my day off, and I like to take it easy. A leisurely time in the pool is taking it easy for me. While talking to a fellow "granny," we were bemoaning how hard it is to lose weight at our age.

"It goes up so easily; nothing goes down." she said
"Of course things go down." I answered. "Our height goes down; we shrink from osteoporosis."
I also heard praise of the chessed, kindness here in Israel. One of her children has "special needs," and she praised the help she gets. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to cope. They moved to Jerusalem, since they found a better school than where they were before. It's nice to hear something good for a change. The political situation is so horrendous that sometimes it's hard to remember how much good there is here.
There's a nice post about caring on Nuch Epes A Chosid.
I hope you're sitting in a room that's warmer than this one is! My fingers are frozen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

firsts first
losing weight is easy as 'cake' to some, but hard work to others, even of the younger woman

Chesed, is really the thing klal yisroal can be proud of, there is so much chesed going on everywhere around the globe, if we have any merit for Hashm to bring Moshiach, it's this

last but not least. thank u veru much for mentioning my post, it shows that you care....

Batya said...

my pleasure

good points, but you can believe me that the older one gets...

marallyn ben moshe said...

hahaha muse...as one who has during my lifetime lost enough weight to build three people i know what you are talking about...sigh...and it's cold in my place too

Batya said...

If it's like mine, it's a lot hotter than I made it 35 years ago, when wearing three sweaters inside was a typical winter's day.