Considering that we work at a very simple minimum wage job, with occasional bonuses, that sort of money is very far from our reality. There most probably are workers who buy lottery tickets, but I don't. I'm just not a gambler. I know that without gambling in some way or another, owning a business is a form of gambling, I can never really get rich. Businesses that make their owners rich are those that do two things.
- you have to get a cut (percentage) out of some sort of purchase/exchange
- you have to be willing to trust a staff to do more than you can do, so the business will expand past the capabilities of one person
Nu, so what did I say I'd do with a great financial windfall?
- I'd give each of my kids a certain amount to buy an apartment, whether they own one or not. If they already have one, they should buy one as an investment for added income.
- I'd buy a couple of apartments for investment purposes for added income.
- I'd fix up our house and garden.
- I'd set up a fund so that all of the children, grandchildren and "children-in-law" could have tuition for university degrees and professional courses.
- I'd establish a new custom of a family trip/retreat someplace in Israel for the entire family.
I answered the question. What's your answer?