Monday, November 04, 2013

More Five Shekel Food in Jerusalem

For some strange reason, the only five shekel food places mentioned in the mainstream media here in Israel are those in Tel Aviv.  The day of municipal elections the television stations kept comparing the lines for ns5 coffee with the empty polling stations. I don't get to Tel Aviv much, so I can't say much about it, but I do get to Jerusalem at least once a week.

The first ns5 food place I know of in Jerusalem is by the main entrance to the CBS- Central Bus Station.  I haven't yet had a chance to see if the low prices have influenced the various food stands inside, but I did notice that one of the nosh places on Rechov Yaffo in the direction of Center 1 has begun offering five shekel food items.


Ken yirbu, may the trend spread.

PS I like this menu, very suitable for the people who pass by and don't read Hebrew all that well.  I've always been in favor of this sort of pictorial advertisements that require very little brainpower.

Reviews are welcome in the comments, thanks.

3 comments:

goyisherebbe said...

That is all well and good, but I eat too much.

Batya said...

Of course that's another problem...
but why waste money?

Gnarlodious said...

Israeli 5₪ equates to US$1.42 for those in the galut… cheap eats!