Saturday, November 30, 2013

Middle of Chanukah, Four out of Eight

On Frday I followed the directions Phil Chernofsky wrote in Torah Tidbits so that I wouldn't have to rush at at the last minute after Shabbat to get the oil ready for lighting.
• Friday - ideal to set up for Friday lighting - and Motza"Sh - early in the day (Friday), to be ready to light before and after Shabbat without last-minute delays. Suggestion: Set up for 3 candles and 4 candles, as in the picture, and have another shamash ready for Motza'ei Shabbat lighting. Matches ready too. Don't worry about the right-to-left, left-to-right issue.

Here at a better angle:


It really was helpful to have the cups in and the oil poured before Shabbat. Then when Shabbat was over, all I had to do was to light a match.   We light the Chanukiya, Chanukah menorah after  making Havdalah.


Here are tonight's candles and all burning brightly.

Chag Urim Sameach
May You Have an Enlightened Chanukah 

PS Yes, my husband lights candles and I switched to olive oil years ago.  I just use a candle for the shammash.

No comments: