Friday, November 22, 2013

Hidden Corners of the Shuk and Bargains

Recently, I've been doing a bit of shopping Wednesday noonish in the Jerusalem open air market, Machane Yehuda aka the "shuk."  Wandering around looking for bargains, I've found them plus pleasant spots I had no idea existed.  If you want to save money, this is definitely the way to shop, even on a Wednesday when prices begin to edge up.

I don't buy all that much, because there's a limit on how much I can carry, but if I had a wagon I'd really stock up.  I shop after my Matan studies, so I also have books with me.  Also it's hard to take a wagon along to my studies.  But if I ever need to just go in to shop, I'd do it with something to wheel and a backpack.









It's a real bargain, because I don't pay extra bus/train fare.  I can squeeze in the shopping within the 90 minute free transfer time after getting on the bus near Matan and then taking a bus or train to my next stop to get to the bus station or trempiada home.

No comments: