Sunday, August 06, 2017

"Wild Lavender," Great Summer Read. Any Takers?

Last night, as much to common on a Saturday night, I just couldn't fall asleep. So instead of tossing and turning and getting very aggravated, I finished reading "Wild Lavender" by Belinda Alexandra.


I can't blame the book for missing half a night's sleep, but I'm glad I finished reading it finally. It's a long book. There are lots of pages and small print.
‘Nothing is wasted, Simone. The love we give never dies.’
For Simone Fleurier, working in her aunt’s boarding house in Marseilles is both tiring and thankless, but things take unexpected turn when one of the tenants, a showgirl at Le Chat Espiègle, assigns Simone the job of walking her pet chihuahua.
Gradually Simone becomes known at the music hall, and her talent for singing is discovered. When an opportunity arises to go to Paris it seems a dream is realised.
In Paris Simone is drawn to André Blanchard, son of a powerful French family, and Simone becomes the brightest of the city’s lights. But slowly the world around her grows darker. When Nazi troops occupy her beloved city, she must make a decision that will lead to great danger – yet ultimately prove that love, just like wild lavender, can grow in the least likely of places …
The beginning of the book seemed familiar. I must have started it once and not finished reading it. The copy I read is old and marked ns10, obviously from a used book shop.

Since I don't have any need to save it, nor plan on reading it again, it needs a new home. So, if you're interested let me know, and we'll figure out logistics.

No comments: