To be honest, I can't even remember when I last used the potato-masher. It may have been decades ago.
Yesterday's Vegetable Soup was very easy to make. It's my basic one-pot recipe, which I've made before. I don't measure; there's no need to.
- dried peas
- dehydrated parsley
- whatever vegetable oil you like
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- boiling water, time-saver rather than tap
- Check peas, put in pot, add boiling water to cover plus.
- Cover and leave for at least an hour.
- Cut vegetables.
- Add vegetables and oil to pot.
- Start cooking on high flame/heat until boiling, then lower to simmer
- Add more boiling water, no higher than 2", two inches from top of pot.
- After half an hour add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook for at least 10 minutes more. Turn off flame, and let it "sit" for another 10 minutes.
- Mash optional, and serve.