Sunday, September 21, 2008

No, I Won't Be There Either...


...unless... I get a free ticket to the Paul McCartney concert in Tel Aviv.

Even for free, I don't think it would be a musical thrill, just something to brag about. Imagine being in a crowd of thousands and thousands, loud-speakers blaring... The object of everyone's adulation so far away, he could be a lip-syncing double...

I didn't ask my neighbor, who played for/with McCartney as the Beatles were breaking up, if he'd be attending. Considering that the neighbor is in the year of mourning for his mother, a musical event isn't in the cards.


Another Israeli, who had played with the Beatles when they were first starting, got publicity in his quest for a free ticket.


I wonder who's getting complimentary tickets. Well, we're not on that list, but if there's any change, you'll be among the first to know.

No comments: