Friday, September 05, 2008

Brides

This week, when I was babysitting for my grandkids, my granddaughter dressed up as a bride.

Little girls are never too young to play "wedding."


And they're certainly never too old to dress in white and get married.

The beautiful bride at last night's wedding is younger than me, though she's the mother of grown children.

Ruthie and Steve are creating a "blended family" of nine children, kineineharaa.



It seemed like all of the Anglo-Israeli media were in attendance.

Mazal Tov!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun. Looks like a beautiful wedding. And my daughter likes to play "kallah", too. She's been to two weddings, both of cousins.

Aren't those men hot in those suits? ;-)

Reni said...

Hello, i was brousing the net for english teaching opportunities in Israel and came upon your blog&articles. As i'm curious about Israeli culture, country, people and language, i found it very useful to read some of your blog things.
My greatest desire is to come and live for some time in Israel and, being an english teacher, i think i could use this circumstance as a reason to fulfil this desire. Can you help me with some tips on how i could do this?

Reni, Bulgaria, rainy.en@hotmail.com

Batya said...

leora, yes, it was. I don't know how the men managed. It was hot! My grandchildren have been to a number of weddings. In Israel it's more acceptable to bring kids. Also, when I'm invited to one in Ofra, a short walk from their house, I take them to the chuppah.

reni the best thing is to get onto the ETNI and ETAI-English Teachers in Israel sites and make contact.