Saturday, September 06, 2008

Good Excuse To Go Shopping

For too many years I never bought anything for myself. Part of the reason was that we really didn't have much money. Another was that I hadn't yet gotten sufficiently "at home" here in Israel to know where to shop. In addition, I didn't feel attracted to the styles, and visiting family member brought me all sorts of clothes, some new and some previously worn by other.

The good news is that I've learned where to shop here, and once the kids finished high school and we no longer needed to pay tuition, I could afford to buy "a few things." I admit that my closets are fuller than they've ever been. Periodically, I give bags of clothes to our "second hand shop," and I'm really happy to be on the giving end.

The other day, when we went to that wedding I blogged about in the previous post, I had packed up an outfit, planning on dressing in my husband's office. It was an outdoor wedding, and the invitation said to "dress warmly." But when I was on my way to Jerusalem I realized that it would be hot, and my planned outfit was too warm for comfort.

So, besides buying the gift, I picked up a new top which sort of matched my skirt and hat. It was on sale!

No comments: