Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On The Last Night of Chanukah

Yes, I know that Chanukah is over, and I should have gotten all this blogged earlier. But yesterday I was busy. It was a big babysitting day for me and the grandkids.

And I've been blogging an awful lot on Shiloh Musings about the war.

Here in Shiloh, it's hard to believe there's a war going on. Things are just regular, quiet, boring regular.

In a lot of the places now under fire, they had no idea what was going on when there was shooting on our roads.

You'd think Israel was such a giant country. Even in my small town of Shiloh--The Real One From the Bible, from neighborhood to neighborhood, from street to street and sometimes even house to house, we don't know what's happening.


Please don't laught at that hunchbacked candle. I felt sorry for it. Nobody wanted to use it, so I used it as my "shamash" to light the oilive oil.

The Chanukah Menorah, Chanukiya, is supposed to be lit in public view. I'm glad we planned these long windows with deep enough sills to set up lots of Chanukiyot.

Chanukah is a public holiday. Just over an hour before the final candle-lighting I got a call that there would be one in the Park in Memory of Avihu Keinan.





The holiday which celebrates bravery is the perfect time for a memorial to Avihu, l'ilu'i nishmato, may his soul be "elevated."




No comments: