Sunday, December 28, 2008

Carnival Sunday

Sunday's the big day for blog carnivals. For people who have Sundays and not yom rishon*, first day of the week, it's a day one can spend on the computer.

*I live in Israel, and Sunday is the first workday of the week. Many people have Friday or half of Friday off the prepare for the Sabbath.

That's why when I host a blog carnival, I spread out the work over days. The following two posts explain my method.

I had a busy day today. In the morning I went to Tel Shiloh for special prayers, since it's Rosh Chodesh, the first of the Jewish Month, and then, after lunch I went to a funeral. It was also in Shiloh. I didn't know the woman well, but I do know her daughter-in-law.

Then I went for a walk and to a neighbor for a festive candle-lighting, the last night of Chanukah. G-d willing, I'll post pictures at a later date.

Oops! Did you think I forgot the carnivals? No way.


There's lots to read in Havel Havelim!
That should keep you safely by the computer for awhile. Enjoy!

No comments: