Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Weird, In The Middle Of The Night...

... yes, in the middle of the night, I suddenly woke up startled. It was pitch black dark, and usually I have the hall light on. So, I figured that the light must have suddenly gone off. I tried to see if there was light from the windows, because if so, it meant that there was electricity in the neighborhood. If that's the case, it means that our fuses blew. I couldn't settle back to sleep.

So I put on my robe and scarf, since the electric box is outside and left my room, walked down the long corridor. Yes, the planning of the house was stupid; we wasted too much space on that long hall and should have put the bedrooms upstairs, but I digress.

So, towards the end of the hall, I passed the open-doored den and saw the modem lights flashing at me. That meant that there was electricity in the house. So, nu, it must also mean that just the hall fuse blew. Or maybe it was just that light bulb...? I touched the switch, and... the light went on.

Weird. I must have had been so exhausted after the Likud Primaries chaos that I went to bed without turning on the hall light.

And a good morning to you, too.

PS Yesterday was a very long day for me. I got up before dawn so I could take the 6:30am bus to Jerusalem to go to my Tanach, Bible class in Matan. Then I did some shopping in Machane Yehuda Market and walked to the bus station. At the bus station I met with an agent to inquire about Jerusalem old age homes for my very elderly parents. Then I took the bus to Ofra and babysat. And then I went home, had some dinner and went down to vote in the LIkud Primaries. Thank G-d the voting station was barely a kilometer from my house, so I didn't have to travel like many others did.

No comments: