Friday, December 12, 2008

You'd Think I Was Working Full Time, and...

It must be the principle:

how little you have to do fills the day as if you have ten times as much to do

or if you want something to get done, give it to a busy person

I guess I'm getting inefficient, with so little to do. There are still dozens of emails I have neither read nor deleted, and my house is a wreck, and I haven't visited even my most favorite blogs all that much this week.

It's Friday morning, and my husband had to go to work. He does Friday duty every couple of months. That means that I have to go down to shop.

I planned my Start Fresh diet menu, but I couldn't get it to print off. Shabbat is the most difficult, though not for the expected reasons. I generally eat only one real meal. It starts 11am at the latest and is just, when we eat at home, a beef or poultry meal with lots of salad and vegetables. I don't eat cake, but I do adore challah in olive oil. I guess, that has to go, or at least be seriously limited. Early in the morning I drink water and instant coffee. When I go to the "Shiur Nashim," Women's Torah Class, I sometimes nosh and sometimes not, depending on how irresistible the nosh is, and davka, this week it's at the best French baker... Later in the day, I don't have a proper Seudat Shlishit, Third Meal, but I do have salad and whatever, sometimes with techina . At night yogurt and shalva, puffed wheat, but I can cut up an apple instead. So, as you see, just one meal, which doesn't fit the diet plan.

Enough kvetching.

Now for some food for thought. I read this wonderful article about how questions shouldn't be asked on the OU Shabbat page. It's related to the "misplaced" generosity I mentioned in an earlier post. It's hard to know when you're butting into forbidden territory.

Shabbat Shalom

No comments: