Friday, December 05, 2008

Hesh's Mystery

Just a reminder that our "virtual" life
can disappear as if it never existed.

Hesh, of Frum Satire, just discovered that his youtube account has vanished. It's not funny.

A number of years ago, I invested lots of time writing a cookbook. And a number of people also invested time going over things for me. And then one morning, when I turned on the computer, I found a blank screen. The infamous Chernobyl virus wiped out our hard drive. I was so upset that I couldn't reproduce all my hard work. And now, when I work on something important, I also save on one of those sandisk things. Actually, that's where a copy of the next Havel Havelim is waiting, just in case. Yes, it's almost finished. Stay tuned. About Hesh's mystery, I don't know if he has additional copies, but I've become so paranoid that I have two copies of my youtube stuff. I copy my pictures onto a CD and then from the computer into one of those "portable storage things" which you need two "ports." I'm no tech expert, but I feel a little safer doing all that. Of course, they're all in the same part of the house, which is rather foolish, but...

Good luck, Hesh!

No comments: