Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yes, I Did!

I lost weight the first week of my Start Fresh kosher diet!! I was very nervous about it, because I didn't weigh food nor "obsess." If dieting is going to work for me, it has to fit naturally in my life. I've also, over the decades dieted and read so many diet, health, nutrition books and articles and gone to uncountable seminars and lectures that I'm considered an "expert," though fat and failed.
Yesterday, was a very busy hectic day.
I started it by getting up at 4am in order to be ready to leave the house before 6:30. As I've written many times before, I drink a lot of water and coffee and then must leave time to "eliminate." We should eliminate yesterday's food before filling up on today's.
Yesterday, I ate my breakfast at the Beit El T Junction, since I knew that I'd have to wait over twenty minutes for my ride. The night before I made a vegetable omelet. It was perfect, and during the tour of Herodian, I noshed on carrot sticks.

diet picnic meal

Being so busy, I wasn't hungry, until I made it home after 3. Then I took the cottage and salad, I had packed for lunch, and ate.
I made myself a great supper, fish and vegetables and salad. I used one of the individually packed frozen salmon I bought in our local "supergrocer," sauteed with the usual vegetables including cabbage. After it was cooked, I flavored it with tamari sauce.
This morning, I tried a different breakfast, fresh salad with white cheese and a slice of avocado, better use of my limited "fat." It was certainly more satisfying than the spoon of olive oil. But, again, the problem I have with a raw breakfast. I feel hungry, even though there was plenty of food. Cooked vegetables, which isn't one of the Start Fresh choices makes me feel more satiated. I'll have to discuss it with the Customer Support.

Now that I'm in my second week, there's more variety. I can have some carbohydrates. Bread is still out, and some vegetables are considered carbs. I guess that means that I can have soups. I'll have to ask. I must admit that I had a small portion of vegetable soup yesterday after our T'hillim, Psalms, reading session. A neighbor started bringing a pot of soup. I asked for just the liquid and greens.
OK, on with my day, the fourth wash is in spin cycle. G-d willing I'll blog about the "colon cleaning" lecture I fled from and why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well-done. Good luck with the coming weeks.

Batya said...

Thanks so much.
It never occurred to me that I'd be doing a public diet like this.

Mrs. S. said...

Kol hakavod!

Batya said...

Thanks, really