Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unexpected Results From Start Fresh Kosher Weight Loss Diet

I'm finishing week five, the last of my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet membership. Besides the nine, or G-d willing more, pounds (over four kilogram) lost, I lost, or gained, something else.

I lost the ability to honestly say:



"I have no idea what I weigh."

If I had weighed myself once, or even twice, if the Start Fresh Customer Service hadn't offered me more than the original week, it wouldn't have made as much of an emotional impact.

I've been this approximate weight for close to fifteen years. It seems to me that suddenly my much smaller than average waist disappeared and I needed "extra large" clothes.

My entire body has changed. I've been weighing more than I did before giving birth to my children, after full-term pregnancies.

After looking at the numbers five times on my neighbor's doctor scale and then recording it on the Start Fresh site, I can no longer pretend:


"I'm overweight, but I'm fine."

Nine pounds are a drop in the bucket. To get to a recommended weight for my height, that's hoping that I'm still the height I was--think osteoporosis--it will probably take a year or two. I will not go on any extreme diet, and I know that soon my weight loss will slow from its present rate.

Of course, it's a shame that in recent years I've gotten myself a nicer wardrobe than ever. That's Murphy kicking in.

1 comment:

Batya said...

That's it? I'm sure my readers want more than that from you.