Saturday, January 10, 2009

No One Starves At A Football Game

It's easy to keep to my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet when I'm home, but, as all dieters know, it's much harder when you're away or traveling.

Thursday afternoon, too early for a real dinner, I took the bus to Jerusalem to see the
AFI Football game. I knew that I wouldn't have time for dinner, and after the game it would be too late to eat. So, I had both a good breakfast and a good lunch, protein, cooked vegetables, salad and some vegetable soup. For dinner I had my snack of a yogurt and apple in the bus.

Luckily, the excitement of the game kept hunger away. I had no desire to eat the popcorn and brisket sandwiches. But I had a sip of something to keep me warm.





I went to sleep as soon as I got home.
Now it's Saturday night, after Shabbat, and even though I did keep to the diet restrictions, I feel heavy. I don't think I should eat bread. Or it could be the fact that I got no exercise, less than usual.
I'll end with the football movies I put up. There's lots more, but they'll go up later. Hopefully, I'll get the player to post from his computer, since his is stronger and faster, and mine is old and slow. (I hope there aren't any major typos. Blogger claims it's perfect, "no spelling errors," and I know that's not so. I'll try to correct.)






2 comments:

wendy said...

Food at a football game is strangely important. We have been surprised by the choices at football games here in Hawaii - Spam Musubi seems to be the big favorite. I prefer nachos...

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you are safe today.

Batya said...

wendy, thanks, I'm sure that by the time you're at your next posting, you'll miss the Hawaiian food.