Monday, May 21, 2007

Downside of summer

I guess it's all "nature."

There's less and less green on the ground. Everything dries up. To simplify my gardening, I do have some very hardy plants, which stay green all year. Some have become like monsters and grow too much. They live forever.

Over the year, ever since I bought my digital camera, I've been documenting my garden, and you can see the changes.


Another natural phenomena is that my difficult students become even more difficult. Under the best of circumstances it's hard for them to sit still, quietly, or concentrate. Now it's virtually impossible.


When things are really bad I just ignore them and crochet. The smart ones know that my silence means they've crossed all lines and they're in big trouble.

Today's the English Bagrut (national final exams) and I have to be at work in the special testing center to administer "oral" tests to students who aren't my own.

Good luck--to those who deserve it!

4 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I hear that test is sooo hard.

Batya said...

Actually, there are three levels. Just the top one is hard. I'll write about it soon.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Shiloh. Natural beauty at its best.

Perhaps I'll stop by to say goodbye, or we can meet up before I leave. If not, there's always next time. Bli ayin hara, hopefully one day I'll only be a short drive or walk away.

By the way, I'm cooking some food for myself and a few other kids for our second day of yom tov; any suggestions?

Batya said...

that would be great!

About the cooking, keep it simple.

Fish, kugel and salad.