Friday, May 04, 2007

I made my plans


My parents are still alive, bli eyin haraa, ad me'ah v'esrim. They should live and be well until a hundred and twenty. They live in New York. Yes, that means that I'll have to visit them. At present, I also have two kids working in New York, and of course I'll visit them, too.

So I made my plans and bought my tickets.

Like last year, I plan on staying two and a half weeks, two Shabbatot. This time, I won't be going back on a Nefesh B'Nefesh flight. I'm not a big enough journalist to be treated to a third flight.

I decided to, again, be there for the 9 days leading up to Tisha B'Av, so I don't miss pool time here in Shiloh. It's really for my health. I need the frequent swimming.


I'll be available for public speaking or an f2f, which would be nice to arrange.


It always makes me nervous to buy the ticket, since then I have to pray that nothing comes up to make me change my plans.


We have a busy weekend coming up, and I'll tell you about it afterwards...


Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach!

4 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Glad to hear about you'll be in NYC! : )

I think a blogger f2f would be a great idea!

Batya said...

We'll have to pick a time and place and let people know. I don't have regular computer access when I'm there, so we'll plan in advance.

Irina Tsukerman said...

Good idea. Let me know when you're ready!

Batya said...

We'll have to plan something.
Has there ever been a NY jblog f2f?