Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Getting ready for Shavuot

Just an hour and a half to candle-lighting.


Now my big question is, how could I have bought so much when not only are just my husband and I home, but we're eating at a neighbor's tonight, and tomorrow we don't have any guests?




Yes, we have the afternoon Shavuot shiur in our house, so I bought some disposable cups and margarine for the cookies. The fruit and vegetable guy delivered the watermelon, so that's not in that bunch of bags. OK, I did get a large package of laundry detergent and floor cleaner, but still. Usually we don't shop in the middle of the week at all. Oh, yes, I also bought two containers of "rice milk," since my daughter and her family are coming for Shabbat. OK, it's starting to make sense.


In Shiloh, Shavuot means that the pool will be open soon. You can see that it's getting all spiffed up. That is something to look forward to.



Chag Sameach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shlepping- always fun.

I always wonder how I end up with so much in the shopping cart and such a large addition to my credit card bill at the end of every shopping run.

My most recent trip was the largest one yet, but it included provisions for meals for 4-5 people for my second day of yom tov. Hopefully I'll get reimbursed for some of it.

Batya said...

So what was the menu?