Monday, May 21, 2007

Reflecting on the tests

Today was the big day for English Tests in Israeli High Schools. In a long marathon triple-session, seven English Bagrut, national finals, were given. It was a major undertaking and reminds me why I'm happy to be just an ordinary teacher and not in charge of anything.

I didn't want to distract the students, so I took a couple of pictures of the reflections and from the "studio."

Before each session, I searched for my students and gave them very small bags of treats. Just enough sucrose to make sure they wouldn't "fall asleep" in the middle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was part of the "oral testing staff." Some students have special accommodations and are tested orally. I really enjoyed it, especially since the boys did well. Of course I can't test my own students. We did the oral testing in the "radio classroom."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today and yesterday, I was very busy with my students. But now, the 11th and 12th grades wont be studying English. They'll be concentrating on their other tests.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good move with the bags of treats. I always loved getting those "goody bags" from teachers before tests.

Batya said...

I never got any, but considering my students, it seems right. And they do appreciate them.

marallyn ben moshe said...

i love the little bags of treats...will remember for mo'ed bet...and my three students will be going into the army soon and will get big towels from me with shifshuf kal on them...little bags of candy...you are sooooooooooooo good...chag sameach my friend

Batya said...

Actually, there wasn't much in the bags. A date and chocolate left-over from the women's Shabbat shiur and some cookies I bought on the way to work.

But they did like getting something, anything, and the other students were jealous.