Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Are We Going To Find Bargains In New York?

The United States Dollar has been sinking in relation to the Israeli shekel, so I figured that it may be a good idea to shop a bit more than usual during our upcoming visit to New York.

I generally find that the prices aren't that great compared to Israel, unless it's a real sale. But now, apparently, at least according to this New York Times article, many more stores are going bankrupt. So, either we'll find some bargains, or we'll have trouble finding stores to shop in.

It wasn't that long ago that Manhasset, Long Island's "Miracle Mile" looked like a ghost town. So many stores, including the department stores of my youth, had gone belly up. During recent visits, the long shopping street was booming, every building full of busy stores. Maybe they didn't have the same names I remember, but I don't have the same name either!

No comments: