Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Patience, Patience

Every  time I look at my little vineyard the grapes look bigger and bigger, but it will take over a month until they are edible.



Most of our grapes are late summer ones, ripe around the Biblical Shiloh holiday of TU (15th) b'Av.  Some scholars say that the holiday is timed for grape harvest.  That means that we somehow ended up with grapes that perfectly suit their location here in Shiloh.

Because we end up with about a month of free grapes I don't buy any.  I can wait until I can pick them from my own private vineyard.  Patience...

4 comments:

Leora said...

They look wonderful. And I'm sure they taste better than anything you would buy, even if just for the reason that they are yours.

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
When I stroll around Elon Moreh I note the status of the grapes, figs and pomegranates. I even do a squeeze test on our own grapes. They're hard as rocks. Patience indeed.

Batya said...

Leora, yes, they will when they're ripe.
Hadassa, even after looking/feeling soft they won't be sweet unless there's a translucence.