Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Is It That Awful?

RR's aka regular readers know that I do  my own nails and I do  almost any color but red and classic pinks.  My color wardrobe is mostly in the greens, blues and purples, but sometimes friends get inspired and buy me presents, like this not quite mellow yellow.


One young, about the age of my eldest, friend called it

מגעיל אבל.... mag'il aval..., disgusting but...
After the "but" she added it looks great.  That must mean "though I would never have thought of wearing such a color it actually is fantastic."  She's one of those who grabs my hand every time we run into each other "just to see what color nail polish is on..." my stubby fingers.

The yellow was given to me by a friend, and another recently got me a sort of rusty orange, which really looks fabulous. 

I received this luscious purple from a different friend after admiring it on her nails.

holding an interesting carved rock at Tel Shiloh

Please don't get the wrong idea.  I buy the vast majority of my nail polish.  I'm looking forward to seeing what's on sale when I go to the states.

2 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

Not a fan of the yellow, but if you do a gradation of orange to yellow (you can find tutorials on youtube) I think that would look awesome.

Our start-up is a recipebox/shopping list/menu and part planner/food blog for Facebook and smart phones.

Batya said...

Pesky, I only have a dumbphone.
Playing with the colors sounds complicated.
Will you be visiting the grandkid when he/she moves out of the womb? We're across the street.