Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Visit, Almost Over

Tonight I fly back to New York on the red-eye.  And then it will be Friday and I have plans to see a good friend and then more relatives before Shabbat.  And then there's a Shabbat and 9th of Av with my sister-in-law and her family.  After that just over a day and I'm back on the plane to Israel.

There's never enough time, and my family and friends have a zillion things to do besides seeing me, so I'm lucky to see as much of them as I do.

This visit will require last minute shopping.  I've only gotten one of the things I have to get for others and about the same for myself.  I came with a pretty much empty suitcase.  Nowadays you can't take much back, since the airlines have been reducing the amount of free luggage we can take.

It's not that there's nothing to buy in Israel, but there are a few things I do prefer to get here besides the required gifts for all.

It's 8am AZ time, so I really must get on with my day.  Time is short and shouldn't be wasted on the keyboard...

No comments: