For the very most efficient way to make this, use a covered bake and serve dish, though you can also use a simple disposable aluminum pan and cover it with aluminum foil.
This version I made with:
- pasta, straight from the box/bag
- sliced carrots
- cut onion
- a generous squeeze of catsup
- a bit of vegetable oil
- enough water to cover the pasta plus a bit
- optional any herbs and spices or other vegetables or even rice instead of the pasta
- if you wish to add a protein, try a can of beans or cheese or... whatever...
If you try this, please let me know how you've adapted it and tell me in the comments, thanks.