Thursday, July 04, 2013

Celebrate July 4? Not Me, But Yes to Yocheved's Havel Havelim and World's Fair Memories

Even when I lived in the USA, I don't remember big July 4th celebrations.  I don't know why.  Though I do have memories of fantastic fireworks displays at the World's Fair.

Well today is July 4, and today Yocheved posted her latest Havel Havelim which is a celebration of Jewish and Israeli blogging which has little to do with the United States Independence Day except for the fact that almost (if not all) the bloggers participating are or once were Americans. 

I can't believe it, but I actually found a youtube of fireworks at the 1964 World's Fair!  Of course, they were prettier and more exciting in my memories, but I do remember them at that location, by water.



Just proof that you can find almost anything on the internet.

Going to the World's Fair was one of my favorite pastimes as a teenager.  I just had to hop on the Long Island Railroad, and within a few minutes I'd be there.  My friends and I always had a good time wandering around at the exhibits, looking at the people, just savoring the atmosphere. Could I even be in the film?

For more information about Havel Havelim and how to and who is hosting, check out, meaning join our facebook page/group.  And submit your posts, or any you find which would suit the eclectic though Jewish and Israeli spirit of the blog carnival via the blog carnival form.  Besides HH, there are two other Jewish blog carnivals, JPIX and the Kosher Cooking Carnival.  Enjoy and join our community.

No comments: