Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Cellphone!!!




I didn't plan on buying a new cell phone today, but when I called my dd#1 to confirm our brunch together, all I heard was:

I can't hear you! Hello, hello, I can't hear you!!!


Then I called dd#2, and all I heard was:

I can't hear you! Hello, hello, I can't hear you!!!


Then I called dh, and all I heard was:

I can't hear you! Hello, hello, I can't hear you!!!

Dd#1 finally managed to get through and said:

Imma, you must get a new phone!


And when dh could finally communicate with me, he agreed, so dd#1 and I got me a phone for dessert after our lovely brunch together. Yes! It's that modern looking skinny thing, but mine is in hot metallic red!!! I did not want black!


Everything's great, except that I don't know how to use it. Not exactly true. I wouldn't leave the place until they showed me where to plug in the charger, how to turn it on and off and how to lock and unlock the keyboard. You know, I'm not that dumb. I'm not going to take a phone home which I can't turn on. I also made the salesman make it work in English. He set the time, but the date's wrong, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I keep following instructions, but nada. I learned how on my old one. I called service and asked for an English Language Instruction Book.


Now, why did I choose that one? Once I realized that all the phones have cameras, I began paying attention. This one has a 2.0 megapixel, which makes it potentially, a real camera. I won't have to schlepp 2 ton tessie-- my Cannon A620 every place. It felt comfortable in my hand. It's the size of a diet cracker, but thinner.
Yes, here's the baby; it's a Samsung X820:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

I'm sure you'll have it all figured out before I come for Shabbat. If not, I'd be glad to help.

תתחדשי

Batya said...

thanks
nu, when are you coming here?
hurry, hurry!

Toto said...

Teetchadshi!!! I LOVE that you chose it in red....tre' cool!

Batya said...

thanks
I had to choose between a different model in black or blue and that in red, so...