Tuesday, February 06, 2007

blogger refused to post this the regular way-- let's see what happens now-- will the pictures go up?



At least that's how it sounds. Winds are fierce outside, and on occasion there's a strong flash of sun. I hope you can see how strongly the sun was reflected off of the "hot houses" in the valley between Shiloh and Shvut Rachel to the east of my house.
It's freezing, and we've just had a few days of heavy rain. At the TU B'Shvat Seder, it was mentioned that in the north of Israel most of the annual rainfall is before TU B'Shvat , but here most falls afterwards. It has certainly rained a lot recently. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to clear. The students in my yeshiva are supposed to go on a two-day hike. If that happens, I'm off on Thursday. I'm also off today, since they're getting reportcards and supposed to be going home to get their gear. They were also supposed to be planting trees with their youth movements to celebrate the holiday, but it's too wet for that this week.
My "internal battle" today (and yesterday) concerned a hat I've been crocheting. Actually it's the second one I've started to wear with a new top, which I want to wear to a wedding next week. The first hat is lovely, but it doesn't really go with the top. It's one of the best, if not the best, I've ever done. It matches lots of outfits. I wore it on Shabbat and yesterday to the staff meeting. Since I finished it, I've been working on a new one. Yesterday I crocheted and simultaneously debated with myself it wasn't a big waste of time and effort.
I couldn't try it on at work. If I had, I would have known that it was a disaster. But the crocheting did make it possible for me to keep most of my sanity and the staff meeting.
This morning I finally tried it on, and immediately started unraveling it. Back to the "drawing board." Big problem will be finding the "end of the string." At least it's healthier than eating popcorn. Must keep those hands busy!



Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

No comments: