Saturday, February 17, 2007

So it's Saturday night

Saturday night's not "Saturday night" as it was when I was a kid.
It's called motzei Shabbat and means that the Sabbath has gone out. I end up blogging and washing dishes. Nothing very exciting. I could be going to see Shuli Rand of Ushpizin fame, who will be performing in Eli, but I'm not.
I hope to do my "social thing" tomorrow night when there's a women's Rosh Chodesh party here. I could have signed up for a "light dairy dinner" and some sort of comedy in Beit El as a staff party, but I really don't feel like wasting time after work until it starts and then being dependent on a ride home after finding a ride home.
Periodically they have those "surveys" at work about how we feel and one of the questions is always about how much we socialize with the staff. Sorry, but I don't, even though I got the job through friends, and we still work together. I spend so many hours at work, at least it feels that way, I just don't feel like making an effort to socialize with them. We're a rather varied group, considering ages, background etc.
Last week I spent hours at that parents meeting, and almost none of the parents showed up to talk to me. Three out of twenty-one. (I teach tiny groups in each grade.) There were others, but their darling sons convinced them not to come in. And for those three I waited around over three hours.
The week before we had that staff meeting, a total waste. I waited four hours between finishing work and the meeting, which didn't accomplish anything but took another three hours plus to accomplish that nothing.
Sorry for all this ranting.
I should have had blogged about our quickie second birthday party for Porat. And I have to work on the Kosher Cooking Carnival! Get your posts in and any others you see which fit the bill, please, and if you want to guest-host please let me know. Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or to blog carnival.
Thanks

No comments: