Thursday, February 01, 2007

dieting no-no

I did one of those classic "dieting no-no's" when I came home from work to day.

I was hungry, but it was "too early," so I didn't prepare dinner. A short while later, I was absolutely starving. I put some potatoes and veggies in the oven to share with my husband, but I got distracted and obsessed over popcorn, yes, popcorn.

I couldn't control myself and found the popcorn kernels leaving the freezer. Trying to be a good girl, I quickly cooked up a couple of eggs, but at the same time, as they cooked, I poured the kernels into a pot and checked for "bad ones."

The eggs weren't ready yet. So I added some oil. Then as soon as the eggs were ready, the cover went over the popcorn, and the popcorn replaced the eggs on the stove. I gobbled up the eggs, but I was still hungry and just dying for the popcorn, which I haven't had for a while.

Then the popping stopped, but I couldn't stop myself!

I poured the popped kernels into a bowl, added a bit of salt and started to gorge--on popcorn.

Yes, I'm a bad, bad girl.

4 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

Eggs and popcorn... could have been so much worse Muse! :D

Batya said...

but you didn't see how much popcorn!

marallyn ben moshe said...

pop corn is an ok...as a professional dieter...sigh...it's ok...cousin willie has a popcorn for the micro that is only 120 calories for the entire bag...so forget it and chew chew chew...i too am on a new eating regime...so i understand your frustration...a sweet shabbat shalom my friend...ps it could have been potato chips or bisli or bamba or heaven forbid CHOCOLATE...sigh ahhh the good ol' days

Batya said...

I make my own, the old fashioned way, but hardly a grain of salt. So you're right; it's not chocolate, especially not white chocolate, which is worse than the dark.