Friday, June 20, 2008

Suitcases Down

My husband took down the suitcases. Yes, that means we're really going to NY.

As usual, I can't believe it. I don't feel ready. It would be so much easier to just stay home and enjoy the pool, relax etc.

OK, I always feel like this, at least the past few times.

This is the first time we've gone to the states together for... decades. Yes, over thirty years when we went on "shlichut," to work in England. Other times, I'd go with the kids, and he'd join us and then we'd all come home together. During the Gulf War we were invited to speak in England and we traveled both directions together. Two and a half years ago we went to a wedding in NY. We arrived separately and returned together. This time we arrive together and return separately. Our kids are going, but they're all taking Continental. And not everyone's together.

I'll be getting more nervous as time goes on.

Shabbat shalom

3 comments:

frumhouse said...

Enjoy your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll be going to New York this summer, for a number of reasons, unfortunately.

Batya said...

thanks fh!
t, what a shame. You'll just have to make it to Shiloh again. OK, first to Israel...