Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eating Solids

My grandson has started "really" eating solids, mushable solids. My grandkids are progressing the opposite of how mine did. My eldest ate great, ate everything. Number two a little fussier and number three, notoriously fussy. No, I think "fussy" just doesn't say it. She ate nothing, for years almost no food, and she had been weaned at 11 1/2 months. But she was healthy. No, she hardly gained, but she wasn't thin. She didn't eat, but she crawled before she was five months, sat at five months, stood at six and a few weeks later, still before seven months, she walked around "holding on."

My eldest grandkid didn't go for solids or bottles or anything but her mother. Even today, she doesn't eat much variety. The second eats much better and the baby just loves to eat, whether it's applesauce, yogurt, blended chicken and veggies, etc.

Now I'm hungry writing about this.

2 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

Only with babies is semi-liquid glop called solid.

The rest of us would call it puree.

:-)

Batya said...

So true...