Monday, June 16, 2008

Yahoo Changes, Worse Than Before


The free yahoo just recently underwent changes. I can't think of anything very good about them. There are two serious ones I don't like. One is just annoying and the other is a very, very bad foul up.
The "spam" business just added another step. It used to be that if you labeled a piece of mail "spam," it disappeared or went into trash. Now, it goes in to the spam mailbox. That wouldn't be all that bad, except that I empty it on entering the mail service, so now I have to empty it twice. Since sometimes legitimate mail goes there (including my own yahoo mail,) I sort through when opening the service. Now I have to change my routine. Always annoying.
The super-problematic is what they did to draft. Draft had always been my archives. Now, if I have something in draft, it self-deletes when sent, and if it's saved as a draft, the bcc addresses self-delete. Now I understand why I didn't get my usual replies to the mailing I sent yesterday. People didn't get the mailing. I have to redo everything. Very bad news for me.

3 comments:

smb said...

I have hotmail, and when I send a draft, it also self deletes from that folder. But at least I have it in the sent folder, phew.

But I understand, these email things can be annoying sometimes

Leora said...

I would suggest switching to gmail (the Google email).

I use Yahoo mail for ordering online and for Yahoo groups. It's always getting stuck. Tons of spam.

Batya said...

l, I turned off the save/sent, since I ended up with too many letters. When I used hotmail, I had even more spam than yahoo.

leora, I also have gmail, but I don't like it as much.

If I'm going to make changes, better wait until after NY...