Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Did It!

Yesterday I posted about how I lost sleep debating in my mind about whether or not to use the flour I had overbought and bake challot.  I just couldn't sleep and even got up about an hour earlier than planned and finished my "computer routine" much earlier than planned, so it did seem like G-d had given me the time to bake, so I baked.  Now I have to find someone to eat the challot.  Most are in the freezer now.  I guess we won't have to buy any challah until after Passover.

Here are the pictures:




6 comments:

YMedad said...

the challah was not only enjoyed by me but also others, our guests from Friday night who added their own "eshet chayil" praise to the tasty challah.

Batya said...

Thanks, I hope you're not sick of it by Pesach.

Linda said...

I tried this recipe recently, but I think I have done something wrong with it. I used olive oil instead of soy? Is it not good to make olive for substitute?


Linda
My blog : four pyrolyse 

Batya said...

Olive oil is better for vegetables, than breads.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I always use olive oil when I use oil in bread, other than sweet breads. Maybe the amount has to be altered when using olive as opposed to soy oil?

Batya said...

I don't think it suits challah. Soy has no flavor.