Sunday, March 11, 2012

More Than Just a Game

I must brag if you don't mind.
My son's IFL real American football team in Israel, the Jerusalem Lions just completed a perfect wining season.

There's a certain ambiance at these Kraft Stadium games you'll find no place else in the world.  Young mothers bring their kids who cheer:

"Yay, Abba (daddy)!"

And even family dogs join the excitement.

At last week's game, which was a make-up after the stadium had been totally flooded, there weren't too many people in the stands, but it was still pretty lively.






And for me, an extra bonus was seeing my jblogging friend Ruti Mizrachi.  Even though she was there to cheer on the opposing team, we're really on the same side, because we know what's most important in this world.  We both pray for the good health of all the players.  And we consider sportsmanship to the the Derech Eretz lesson of playing.  A "dirty" win is worse than a loss.  And sport is a fun way of keeping fit and healthy.


Have a safe, healthy and wonderful week!

2 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

It was great to see you there, my friend. And I must say that the classiest team won. I was very moved by the Lions' enthusiasm when they came over to the stands, cheering and applauding their fans. What style! Their sportsmanship and elegance earned them the win as much as their skill.

Batya said...

Ruti, thank you so much. It was a very close game; we won by just one point. Send my regards to "your coach."