Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Job Perk

There aren't too many perks at a simple sales job like mine.  The salary is the pits, but on occasion I find myself working just when some needed type of clothes is available, like the quickly sold out size of Shabbat-Holiday shirt for my grandson.  In no time we find ourselves with plenty of 2, 4, 14, 16 and 18.  Some sizes get sold out more quickly than others.

And there's another type of perk, such as last week when a young mother asked me to watch her baby while she loaded the car.


The baby was happy, or not crying, as long as he could see me, so I entertained him.

I've also been asked to hold babies when mothers try on clothes.  That's a real treat.

2 comments:

Lady Light said...

I LOVE babies. Used to be a"baby whisperer."

Batya said...

I'm sure you're the best!