My daughter just asked me for the recipe. I've been making them since before she was born, and I don't think she wants me to publicize her age.
The same basic simple recipe can be found in lots of cookbooks. I double or triple the recipe.
2 cups flour, white, wholewheat or combined
baking powder, a teaspoon or two depending on if it's double-acting or not
1/2 cup sugar, white or brown or combined
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
grated rind of lemon, orange or squirt of vanilla
poppy seeds and jam
mix, so very thick
- mix dry ingredients
- add eggs, oil and flavor
- roll onto a clean, but floured surface. I have used a glass rather than a rolling pin.
- use either a large round cookie cutter or large mug to cut circles
- put a spoon of the filling in the middle
- fold the edges by thirds, so it'll look like a triangle
- use parchment (baking) paper on baking pan
- bake medium heat until it looks ready