Friday, February 22, 2013

The Freezer, With Barely Four Weeks to Go!

Considering that we have a Monday night Pesach Passover Seder coming up, the worst possible scenario, I'm hoping and planning to G-d willing have the house all finished for the Holiday in less than four weeks' time.

One of the very basic things I have to do is to somehow finish all of the chametz and unsaveable/unsellable  food that is in the freezer.  So as has been my custom the past few years, I'm posting pictures of the freezer's innards.  I just took out cooked chicken and meatloaf, which I'll serve this Shabbat. So, I guess it's good that I was too tired to invite guests.  The aluminium pans you can see are cakes, which can be given on Purim.  So, I'd say that my freezer is in relatively good shape with less than four weeks to go.



I hope that I'll get everything on one shelf and then clean the empty one, so I can start slowly stocking up on Kosher for Passover chicken etc when it's available right after Purim.

2 comments:

Yocheved Golani said...

Excellent foresight Batya! Increasing your happiness with good food from the freezer 1 month before chag will put a BIGGER smile on your face when you have shining clean freezer for Pesakh. Way to go!

Batya said...

Yocheved, according to my plans I have about 3 1/2 weeks to get the house ready, or at least the kitchen. We aren't having the actual seder by us, but I'll be bringing some of the food.