Monday, February 25, 2013

Purim Fun

Considering that Shiloh is one of the select ancient Biblical cities which has to celebrate two days of Purim, instead of the standard one, we who live in Shiloh are Purim experts.  Nobody knows how to stretch out the fun of Purim like my neighbors.

Though  I must admit that my family has a bunch of party-poopers who would rather read.  Maybe it's genetic.  Well, maybe it's because we've never encouraged that Purim drinking many need to "let go."

This time, though, the kids were introduced to the "green trampoline," which surrounds the house.  They had great fun playing on it!

For most of us, there was no fun way to burn off the calories after all the food we had eaten.


Just a few hours left of Purim.  Only one more, out of the four Megillah readings left.  Thank G-d I'm a woman and I don't have to actually read it out loud.  I just have to find the perfect place to hear it.

4 comments:

Rickismom said...

And stay awake to hear every word! Gained tons, even though I TRIED to be good.. SIGH.....

Batya said...

Yes, RM. Must get back on the diet train, especially with a wedding G-d willing.

lynne reed said...


Hello There,
My name is Lynn and I'm a Professional Blogger. I have more than 3+ yrs of experience writing for the web and have covered plenty of interesting topics.
I came across your blog and was wondering if you would be interested in allowing me to write relevant & useful topics on your blog at no cost.
At this point of my writing career, I simply want to get more visibility for my writing and I will write for free as long as you are fine with me adding a small author bio section following the blog post about myself.
Please let me know if you are interested and if you'd like for me to submit a sample blog post for your approval.
Thanks a bunch,
Lynne

Batya said...

Lynne, sorry, but this is a personal blog.