Sunday, February 10, 2013

Super Clean!

No, gang, this isn't a Passover cleaning post...

Please, it's only Rosh Chodesh, the bginning of the month of Adar.  First cook for Purim and then clean the kitchen.

One of the things I noticed during my recent visit to the states is...



Yes, it's now  very popular to keep putting chemicals on you hands to stay "sanitized."  I took this picture at a dentist's office when my sister and I took my father in for some treatment.  Chemicals bother me.  I'm a soap and water person who rinses well and looks for clean towels.

Am I nuts or just old-fashioned?

5 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I agree. Surfaces should be sanitized. Hands should be washed and dried. Unfortunately paper towels are a must in public places. There's no way to maintain a constant supply of clean cloth towels and I've never seen a hot air blower that actually achieves its purpose.

Danielle L said...

Interesting post! We do use hand sanitiser at our house after hand washing with soap and water if one of the kids are sick and we want to try to prevent it spreading throughout the whole family. I also have given the girls a small bottle to clean their hands before they eat lunch at school as their school doesn't have soap in the toliet/bathroom for the children to wash their hands properly - which I find the thought of not washing your hands all day and then eating lunch in a school of 800 children pretty disgusting!

Batya said...

Hadassa, until recently, public places in Israel had dirty cloth towels.
Danielle, no soap? Isn't there a law in Australia?

Danielle L said...

There should be a law!! I think due to children being children, it gets wasted so they just don't bother replacing it - can you believe?!

It's the same with paper towel - nothing to dry their hands on as it gets wasted or left all over the ground so they just don't provide it. You'd think we lived in a 3rd world country.

Batya said...

Danielle, check the country's laws. Soap near toilets and food places are manditory in many countries.