Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We Can Call It The Encore

Today was a double triple treat for me.  Not only did I get to see my grandkids and hear my eldest perform playing the chalilit recorder, but I got to see the friend who introduced me to the concept of Zionism, making aliyah, moving to Israel as a Jew's most important decision.

Yes, after watching and listening with all the other proud parents and grandparents, I realized that a familiar voice was calling me by my English name.  Over a year ago, we discovered that we have children and grandchildren on the same yishuv, small town in Samaria.  Since then, the kids have become friends, but I hadn't seen my old friend and mentor for about eighteen years.

Just one of those amazing Jewish geography stories.

2 comments:

Ariella's blog said...

sounds like it was a wonderful day for you

Batya said...

Yes, thank G-d