Sunday, December 04, 2011

A Bit of Blog Visiting, Shavua Tov, Have a Great Week!

No, this isn't Havel Havelim, it's just my stroll through the jblogger lane...
Please be sure to visit all the blogs and send my regards...

photo by Mason Resnick
The one and only Cosmic X blogged from Jerusalem about the antisemitic attacks in HP, NJLeora reported straight from Highland Park about it. *more in comments

ECI via Carl, don't believe Obama.  His pretty speeches about helping Israel are just empty words. The truth is the opposite.

A bit of poetic justice, I'd say.  Elder of Ziyon writes that Carlos Latuff is now being threatened by the Muslims.

I hope you're working up an appetite; here's what Jennifer in MamaLand planned on serving this Shabbat.

And if you like winter parties, contact Lady-Light, since she has lots of birthdays coming up.

There are other ways of keeping busy; ask the Bima Ima who not only is a mother of four, but she...

When I think "busy," I always think of my dear friend Sharon Katz who actually found some time to see me last week and give me a very impressive fantastic present, which is already hanging on my wall!  Sharon blogs and also edits/produces Voices Magazine.

Not long ago, Yaakov, creator of Dry Bones, mentioned that he was going to China.  Read about his new project.

Chaviva is of my youngest kids' generation, but her question about "ten years ago" or "when you were a senior in high school" is a question we can all answer, sort of.  I answered it on facebook:
I became a Zionist, and here I am. I also worked hard to become more religious, ditto. And (don't forget that I'm very old) there was the 6 Days War and I decided that it was important to live in the live in the liberated Jewish Lands, and I'm in Shiloh.

Not to blow my own horn, but since not all of you read my other blog, Shiloh Musings, I'd like to link my latest article about Tel Shiloh.  Many of us don't get turned on by praying at tombs and graves.  Shiloh is a Holy Place and has been for thousands of years.  It predates Jerusalem.  The Mishkan was here for almost four hundred years; that was before The Holy Temple was built.

Not too many people can keep up with Rafi, the runner and blogger.  Could one of his secrets for this energy be Shabbat?



Shavua Tov!
Have a Wonderful Week!!

7 comments:

Rafi G. said...

thanks. great roundup!

Batya said...

Rafi, thank you. I can always tell when you've included me, because my stats go up.

Leora said...

Batya, you only posted the incident in Highland Park, without posting the whodunnit: it was by a Jewish man, described as a lone, disturbed individual.

And the photo is by Mason Resnick - as it's not mine, please give credit.

Batya said...

edited, thanks

Lady-Light said...

Thank you for including my post. It was just my ruminations...

Chanalesings said...

Thanks for sharing those blogs!

Batya said...

L-L, a post's a post, worth reading
Chanalesings, my pleasure