Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Look at That Old Lady," The Kid Was Referring to Me!

Today, as I was taking a walk around the neighborhood, a rather ordinary Shabbat activity, I passed a neighbor who was with some visiting kids.  And then I heard a little boy say:

"Look at That Old Lady."

He was referring to me!  My friend cracked up.  I smiled and  said:


"That's how I get seats in the bus."


It's true.  If I looked much younger I wouldn't have people offering me their seats.  I like being offered seats.  I really do appreciate it.  I work pretty hard, stay busy.  And sometimes I do need to sit down.  Standing is hard.

It's a "dog's life."  Isn't it?


That looks comfy...

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Shavua Tov Batya.
I love it! Just remember .. out of the mouth of babes come the greatest 'as they see it comments'.

Miriam

Anonymous said...

Hey, for one month, I had both a student card and a senior citizen card! (The student card ran out when I finished my MA.)

Batya said...

Miraim, I'm glad I took it well, without even thinking!

a (I know who you are) what fun!

Baleboosteh said...

Kids can be so cheeky! It certainly sounds like you took it well though :)

Batya said...

He was just a little kid with a big mouth. It wasn't even his mother with him. My friend was awfully embarrassed.