Sunday, December 11, 2011

Coffee Out KOSHER, Keep it Simple and Don't Get Comfortable

As longtime readers and facebook friends know well, I love my coffee.  For health "preservation" reasons, I generally restrict my coffee drinking to early morning before leaving home, but there are times when I do have to, or allow myself to, drink coffee out.  Here in Israel finding a kosher place isn't a major problem, but since coffee is my antidote to jetlag when abroad, I have to think more than twice before ordering.

The OU posted a simple to follow guide to buying/drinking coffee when there isn't a kosher coffee place available.  Simply put, just keep the coffee simple, not the fancy flavored ones, and don't sit down to drink.  Take your disposable cup out with you.

The article is bilingual; there's a Hebrew version on the bottom.

4 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

i'm with you on this one, coffee is great :)
my husband doesn't agree though :P

Batya said...

Sarah, so you drink alone, or does he drink something else?

Leora said...

I'm into coffee - I like home brew the best! And one cup is usually enough.

Batya said...

Leora, am I invited? Come to Shiloh and I'll make you some!