Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Few Reasons Why I Fled In Wake of the Blizzard


Have you guessed?

The answer is my grandchildren.

When I was on the phone with my daughter and heard the kids singing, I knew I was in the wrong place.  It was so quiet and depressing and yes, dark and cold at home.

Kids make a snow day fun.

So, when my daughter not only invited me over, she also said that she'd send her husband to get me, I started packing.

And by the way, this is the most serious blizzard I've seen in my 43 years in Israel.  It's over a week since the snow stopped falling, but there's still snow here in Shiloh and in Ofra and other places.  I even moved into a warmer bedroom.

2 comments:

Lorri M. said...

How lovely! Grandchildren make the worst of days worthwhile.

Enjoy your time.

Amazing photos of the snow, not only in this post, but your last one, as well.

Batya said...

Thanks
Lorri, life is now "back to normal," though some snow still remains.