Thursday, December 12, 2013

Yes, There's Snow in Shiloh, Israel

Amazing, the meteorologists got it right.  We woke up to a snowy world here in Shiloh and the rest of the Biblical mountainous areas here in Israel.  Israel is a tiny country, so that weather indicators are from the "altitude" height of one's location, not north or south.  So here in the mountains, where our forefathers and later the Judges, Prophets and Jewish Kings wandered, fought and reigned there's snow.





For those who have been reading this blog a few years and may be saying to themselves, "these pictures look much too familiar."  I want to reassure you that I just took them this morning.  Yes, I know that they look just like the pictures from previous snows.  That's because we're in the same house for the past twenty-eight years.  We moved around this time of the year in 1985.  If you think that I'm going to walk around the neighborhood at 5:30-6:00am in the morning dressed in my bathrobe just to look for a unique snow picture, you're barking up the wrong tree.  Opening the doors and sticking out the camera is as far outside as I'm going right now.

PS I guess I'm not babysitting today....

2 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Stay warm and dry!

Batya said...

Mrs. S. Warm was almost impossible, but dry I stayed, B"H.